Airtel TV App: Watch Movies And Live Tv For Free
How would you like to watch unlimited Hollywood, Nollywood, Zollywood and Bollywood movies on your mobile phone at no cost? Well, that's now possible with the Airtel TV App.
Airtel TV is a mobile streaming App by Airtel Africa, that allows subscribers on the Airtel network to watch unlimited movies, as well as stream their favourite cable TV channels all for free.
How To Watch Movies And Live TV Channels for Free On Airtel
What you will need
To start watching your favourite movies for free on Airtel, with the Airtel Tv App, you'd need two things.
- An Airtel SIM
- An Internet Enabled smartphone
How To Use the Airtel TV App
- First download the Airtel Streaming App here.
- Launch the App and click on Register
On the next screen you will be shown all your data that will be collected by the app and how they will be used. They include
- Your phone number, to be used tfor verification
- Your data of birth, which will be used to determine the type of movie that will be recommended for you
- Your name, which is be displayed on your profile
- Your Email (optional) which will be used to communicate promos and offer.
If you don't mind giving all this data to the App, then click accept.
- On the next screen, enter your Airtel phone number and Email(optional). An OTP will be sent to you for verification. If you have entered your email, then you will also need to verify your email as well.
- Click on continued and you are done.
As an Airtel subscribers you will be able to stream movies on Airtel TV App for 7 days even without data when you first sign up on the app. After the 7 days trial, you will then need to subscribe to an existing Airtel data plan to continue enjoying the service.
Unlike other streaming services like Netflix, you do not need to pay for a subscription service. The service is free for Airtel customers. All that is required is an Airtel data subscription.
Does Airtel TV Use Data
Yes, Airtel TV uses data to access movies and TV channels. Just like every other online streaming app. But unlike other popular streaming service, the channels and movies are free to watch. ( i.e, no payment is needed except for your data)
Although, if you are using the app for the first time, you might be given free data or access to the app for a limited time, usually within 7 days. After your trial period is over, you will then need data to use the app.
Can I Install Airtel TV On Android TV
Yes, if your TV run the Android OS, simply go to google play store and download Airtel TV.
Can I Watch Airtel TV On TV
Yes, you will need to use screen mirroring to cast your device screen to your TV.
Here is the steps to follow to cast your Airtel TV to your Tv.
- Ensure that your Google Chromecast is connected to your TV. If you do not have a smart TV then make use of a HDMI cable.
- Now make sure your smart phone and TV are connected to the same Wifi network.
- On your mobile phone, Go to Settings > Connected Devices > Connected preferences click 'Cast' and select your Tv on the device list and click 'Start now'.
Can I Watch Airtel TV On My PC
Yes, you can access Airtel TV on your PC or Laptop. This is possible because of the introduction of a web version of Airtel TV which can be accessed via the web. To wat
To watch Airtel TV on your PC simply go to Airtel Xstream website and you be able to stream live movies and channels without installing an app.
As an Airtel subscriber, Before accessing the web service, you will be asked to verify your membership via an OTB before you will be allowed access to the content.
Channels on Airtel TV
There are over 350+ live channels and over 1000 movies on Airtel TV, I won't be able to list all of them but here are some list of TV channels you will find on the app.
News Channels: Al Jazeera, BBC News, France 24, Euro News, Bloomberg, Africa News, DW, RT, etc.
Sport Channels: Fight Box, Trace Sports, MotorVision TV, Stars, etc.
Music Channels: A music, Trace Urban, Trace Africa, Trace Tropical, Trace Mziki, etc.
Religious Channels: Trace Gospel, God.
Movie Channels: Nolly Africa, Galaxy TV, HFA, Rave TV, TVC Entertainment etc.Local TV Channels: NTA News 24, Wazobia TV, Silver Bird, NTA Sports, NTA Parliament, etc.